Monday, December 6, 2010

The Secret to Longer Thicker Hair

I know, I know...
All good things come to those who wait, 
Pam with her new long hair
and patience is a virtue.  
But when you're trying to grow your hair out... 
When you want long hair you want it now.


I just spent the day getting certified by 
Peter DeRosa Celebrity stylist and 
director or education for
Platinum Seamless Hair extensions .  


My model Pam showed up with fine, collar bone length, naturally auburn hair.   We discussed what she was looking for and decided to add four inches of length and thickness.   


I started by carefully sectioning the hair and pressing the double adhesive 3 inch wide wefts on the part and sandwiching fine sections of Pam's own hair between the extensions.  I mixed in a few highlighted wefts to add some dimension and shine through the ends.  It took me about one hour to give Pam a full head of Victoria's Secret worthy locks.  She was tempted to keep the super long tresses, but we thought better of it and trimmed 5 inches off the length and cut face framing layers.


We were both amazed at the quality of the hair and the great color match.  It totally looked and felt like her real hair.  In the past Pam was always reticent to try extensions because of the lumps, and bumps and hair breakage.  As I stylist I was always searching for the perfect extensions.  I wanted something you couldn't see or feel, easy to care for,  great quality hair and a good price point.  


Pam left feeling great about the way she looked.  That made me feel amazing.  

2 comments:

  1. I want shoulder length hair again. I am old enough to get away with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That old saying that you need to cut your hair short at a certain age is outdated. It all depends on your personal style and if you can pull it off. I have plenty of clients in the 40s, 50s and even 60s that have hair past their shoulders and it looks incredible. In fact I just put in some extensions in on a client who is in her 50s and she looks great.

    ReplyDelete